Friday, June 12, 2009

Vacation Night 3 & Day 4











We went to a great restaurant on Night 3 - - Miyabi's. Great food and fantastic entertainment. We then headed downtown to see James Brown's statue. I believe I might be taller!! We went past the Augusta Golf Course where the Master's is held. Didn't see much as everything is pretty closed off.
After a stop for coffee, we were on our way to Charleston, SC. I want to say a big THANK YOU to our driver (drove through the heat, rain, and stupid drivers!!). And yes it was HOT.

We arrived in time to have lunch at Magnolia's. I highly recommend the BBQ! We then took a walk down to the waterfront and then a stroll down the pier. Very relaxing, even though it was HOT. Something caught my eye while watching a fisherman. Was it really what I thought it was? Yes, it was a dolphin. I wasn't sure we would see it again and then there were two. This was my first time seeing dolphins. Ken even go some video - - thanks honey!

We strolled back down the pier and had to stop for a swing in the giant swing. That was pretty cool, cuz it was HOT today. After getting back to the car we took a drive and saw some of the older homes and drove past the Charleston Market. This market, which was founded 1807, is where they would bring their goods to sell. It is now a large market (more or less a flea market) where people sell their crafts. You can just feel the history all around you.

Our drive led us over the Ravenel Bridge to Patriot's Point. This is where the USS Yorktown is docked here for touring. We made the decision to look at some of the guns, boats, & other relics and not to tour the Yorktown since we have been on the USS George Washington when Jarrod was stationed on that carrier. It was HOT and we all were getting pretty fed up with the heat. We did stop by the gift shop and left our mark! If we keep this up, we are going to have to buy another suitcase.
Ken will post more pictures of today's trip. We are having a great time!!

1 comment:

Andrea Dellit said...

CHARLESTON! I'm so glad you got to go! The history there is fabulous! I LOVE Magnolias! I love it there!!