Friday, July 11, 2008

Vicky's First Blog - What a week!

Wow, what a week. It is exciting to come home each day and see all the progress. Wednesdays are now my days off (I work 10 hour days the remainder of the week M-F) and this Wednesday was spent sorting and packing. I have a couple gals I work with that lost their homes in the tornado on May 25th and they are taking alot of what we thought we would have to garage sale or haul to Goodwill. We picked out paint for the living space and the bathroom (ceiling & walls) and then had to pick out carpet. Can I just tell you that is a lot more stressful than I ever imagined. I thought I had the paint figured out a week ago, but changed the colors at the last minute. The ceilings will be "Linen", the bathroom walls will be "Morning Fog" (a minimal hint of green) and the living space will be "Tuscan" blue. The bathroom will be accented in a deep burgundy rose. I didn't know picking out paint and carpet was so mind boggling!

The construction is moving along so fast and I can't believe we are already starting to prime the new walls. The closet is now moved to the south wall and will open the space up. The existing wall separating the old and new space will come out this week. I can't wait to see how it will look. We are taking alot of pictures and will keep posting them as we go along. When I get home at night I try to do what I can to help out (waterproof paint on the cement wall, priming walls, etc.).

We are hoping to get a lot of the packing done this weekend and some big pieces moved down to the new house (china closet, storage cupboard that used to hold extra groceries will move to the bathroom to hold towels, etc.) We also will be picking up more primer, paint, ceiling fan, and anything else that ends up on the list.

We can't wait to get everything done and moved. Since we will be on vacation from July 20-25, we need to have most everything packed up and ready to move. A lot of stuff will stay in tubs for awhile and we will sort through them as time allows. Be ready girls - you will have some tubs to sort through when you come home. Wait until you see what is in those tubs. You will either laugh or want to shred some of those pictures. HEHE!!

Well it's getting late and it's past my bedtime. Have a great weekend and talk with you all soon.

3 comments:

Momma and Lexi said...

I can't wait to see the pictures once everyone is moved in and settled! Good luck with the packing & the move!!!

Andrea Dellit said...

awesome..sounds like that place is buzzing! can't wait to see it!

Tiffany said...

What? No Funky Blue??!!!!